Friday, February 15, 2013

Flame for Learning

As most of you know I was nominated for the Flame for Learning/ Teacher of the Year award. I was very excited about it, spent a lot of time on it, and thought I would definitely stand out. Well today I received a letter that my nomination was not going through to the next level. I was very disappointed but there are a few things I thought about afterwards. First of all my "best practice" was different and  some people don't like different. Secondly, it is decided by the chamber of commerce and what do they know about education...really! Lastly, Josh told me that every action has an opposite but equal reaction, so if this bad news means great news from my grad school interview on Monday, then I'm ok with it. Thanks for your support and I know I am your teacher of the year! =)

5 comments:

  1. Good things always come to those who try. Good luck Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They missed out on the best teacher forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a best practice that should be shared...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Chamber of Commerce, REALLY?? I would hope they at least conferred with the principles. Go figure. If all teachers put as much effort & care into teaching as you do we would see a significant increase in grades. I'm sure your interview will go well on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teaching makes a difference every day to those kids to get to spend time with you and learn!

    ReplyDelete